Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is CBD?
- Cannabidiol (CBD) is a naturally occurring compound found in the resinous flower of cannabis, a plant with a thousand-year history as a medicine. CBD is one of more than a hundred “phytocannabinoids” unique to cannabis that endow the plant with its robust therapeutic profile. CBD has shown great potential for cravings associated with substance abuse.
Q: How does CBD Work?
- Despite extensive research, how CBD works is not yet entirely understood. It’s thought, however, that CBD binds to receptors in the brain and throughout the body to help balance the endocannabinoid system (ECS), which in turn steadies important bodily functions from sleep, to mood, to appetite, to memory and pain sensation, addictive cravings. A balanced ECS helps our body maintain homeostasis, or equilibrium, in response to physical, mental and environmental changes and stressors. Our bodies naturally produce endocannabinoids to support this system, but like with any nutrient, can become deficient and require extra support from time to time. CBD helps block the breakdown of our endocannabinoids, thereby allowing our bodies to draw on more of what it’s already naturally producing.
Q: What's the Difference Between CBD, THC, Cannabis, Marijuana, and Hemp?
- CBD: Cannabidiol (CBD) is a naturally occurring compound found in the resinous flower of cannabis, a plant with a thousand-year medicinal history. CBD is one of more than a hundred “phytocannabinoids” unique to cannabis which endow the plant with its robust therapeutic profile.
- THC: Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), is a phytocannabinoid found in cannabis plants and is the compound that produces a "high."
- Cannabis: The umbrella term for marijuana or hemp, cannabis is the family (genus) of plants comprising both marijuana and hemp.
- Marijuana: A high-THC variety of cannabis plant, specifically the cannabis sativa species. Marijuana typically has high amounts of THC and moderate amounts of CBD, depending on the strain.
- Hemp: A variety of the cannabis plant – they are high in CBD and low in THC.
Q: Is all CBD the same?
- Not all CBD is created equal – quality does vary – so it's important to be an educated consumer. CBD and THC, the two most popular and well-known cannabinoids, are far from the only ones in the cannabis plant. With the exception of THC, broad-spectrum CBD keeps the cannabinoids, terpenes, vitamins, and nutrients working together to create a balanced option for your wellness.
Q: Why should customers choose Exact Nature products?
- Because of their exceptional proprietary formulas, manufacturing process and ingredients, and their focus on the range of conditions that are a part of early sobriety.
- Exact Nature products are formulated by (recovering) addicts for (recovering) addicts for the unique challenges of getting sober. The products start with non-GMO, pesticide- and herbicide-free CBD, grown without solvents or chemical fertilizers, and independently tested by licensed laboratories to ensure the exceptional quality of its ingredients. The result is dietary supplements made from water-soluble, high-potency CBD and complemented by additional exceptional, use-specific ingredients.
Q: How are Exact Nature CBD products manufactured?
- Exact Nature products start with non-GMO, grown without pesticides, herbicides, solvents, or chemical fertilizers, and is independently tested by licensed laboratories to ensure its active ingredients are free of impurities. The result is CBD products that are broad spectrum, water-soluble, high-potency, non-psychoactive dietary supplements.
Q: What is CBD oil?
- CBD, or cannabidiol, is one of many chemical compounds called cannabinoids produced by cannabis. CBD oil refers to an extract of cannabis or hemp formulated to contain high levels of CBD. CBD oil is derived from hemp plants that have high levels of cannabidiol (CBD) and low levels of THC (always have less than 0.3% ) THC. CBD levels in CBD oil can vary based on the quality of hemp and the preparation and extraction techniques used.
- Exact Nature produces some of the market's finest quality CBD oil and is extracted from healthy, CBD-rich hemp plants grown in the US.
Q: Will CBD work for me?
- The overall effectiveness of CBD varies, just as it may with pharmaceuticals and over-the-counter supplements.
Q: Is CBD addictive?
- The results of myriad research studies have not shown CBD to be addictive.
Q: What is the Difference Between THC and CBD?
- While both THC and CBD are said to have many of the same medical benefits, the two chemical compounds are different. Unlike THC, CBD is not a psychoactive compound and it won’t get you high, whereas too much THC will.
Q: What is the Difference Between Hemp Oil and CBD Oil?
- Although hemp oil and CBD oil are both derived from hemp, hemp oil is pressed from the seeds of the plant and CBD oil is extracted from the whole plant.
Q: Are there concerns with using CBD? Side effects?
- Many studies have looked into the safety of CBD in adults. They concluded that adults tend to tolerate a wide range of doses well. Researchers have found no significant side effects on the central nervous system, the vital signs, or mood, even among people who used high dosages. The most common side effect is fatigue, and some people also report diarrhea and changes in appetite or weight.
Q: What’s the difference between hemp and marijuana?
- Hemp and marijuana share the genus and species name of Cannabis sativa, but have a unique genetic profile. Typically, hemp is very fibrous with long stalks and few flowering buds, while marijuana plants are usually smaller, bushier, and full of flowering buds. However, newer industrial hemp varieties in the USA are being bred to have more flowers and higher yields of cannabinoids and terpenes. Typically, marijuana has a high amount of THC and a low amount of CBD, while hemp, naturally, has higher amounts of CBD with small amounts of THC. The cannabinoid profile of hemp is for people looking for benefits from cannabis without the high.
Q: Are CBD products legal?
- The 2018 Farm Bill legalized hemp in all 50 states as long as it contains less than 0.3% THC. Anyone in the US can buy CBD online, on the shelves of health stores, and even in pet stores. While hemp-derived CBD is legal, CBD derived from marijuana is not legal federally. Therefore, CBD made from 'marijuana' with high levels of THC is only legal if your state has legalized marijuana. Exact Nature products only contain CBD derived from hemp.
Q: What is the best method of use?
- Exact Nature CBD products are available in a wide variety of forms. We offer CBD oils which are consumed by placing droplets under the tongue. We also offer CBD capsules and powdered drink from stickpacks. Please review our Exact Nature product pages to determine which product may be most suitable for you and your needs.
Q: Will Exact Nature CBD products get me high?
No. Exact Nature products contain broad and full-spectrum CBD, as well as CBD isolate. Our products are made from hemp-derived ingredients and are non-intoxicating.
Q: Will I become addicted to CBD?
- According to the World Health Organization, CBD exhibits no effects indicative of any abuse or dependence potential. To date, there is no evidence of CBD containing addictive qualities.
Q: Can I overdose on CBD?
- There have not been any documented cases of someone overdosing from using CBD. Exact Nature products contain CBD isolate, broad-spectrum, and full-spectrum CBD and focus on the therapeutic benefits of CBD, thereby removing any addiction-based motivation to abuse it.
Q: Where can I find the third-party testing for your CBD products?
- All our products are lab tested to ensure that we are providing you with the best possible product. the third-party lab results, called Certificates of Analysis, can be found at https://exactnature.com/pages/certificates-of-analysis.
Q: How long before I receive my order?
- You will normally receive your Exact Nature product within 3 to 7 working days.
Q: Do you offer returns and refunds?
- Exact Nature offers a moneyback guarantee. If you are not fully satisfied, Exact Nature will refund your money if claimed within 90 days of your purchase date.
Q: Does Exact Nature ship to every state?
- Yes, Exact Nature ships its CBD products to all states within the U.S.